Thursday, March 14, 2024

What Hope We Have!

Read:  Psalm 118 / Proverbs 14 / Job 19 /Matthew 14

 

Psalm 118:21,22 ~ I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation. The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

Proverbs 14:32 ~ The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.

Job 19:25,26 ~ I know that my Redeemer liveth... that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Matthew 14:27 ~ But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

 

What hope we have, which was foreshown 

In prophecies which could not fail,

Foretelling Christ the Corner Stone

Would be rejected, yet prevail!

 

This is our hope in life and death: 

We know that our Redeemer lives! 

He gives us each appointed breath

And cheers us with the peace He gives.  

 


No comments: