Thursday, March 21, 2024

Hope and Horror

Read:  Psalm 119:49-56 / Proverbs 21 / Job 26 /Matthew 21

 

Psalm 119:49,53 ~ Thy word... caused me to hope... Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law. 

Proverbs 21:29,31 ~ A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, he directeth his way... safety is of the LORD.

Job 26:6 ~ Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering.

Matthew 21:42 ~ Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes?

 

My hope is in my Lord's salvation;

My heart is set on things above.

My horror is the condemnation

Of those who yet reject His love. 

 

Though many harden still their face,

Unmindful of eternal hell,  

The Lord shall be my Hiding Place,

And with my soul, it shall be well.  

 


No comments: