Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Prospect of Perishing

Read:  Psalm 119:89-96 / Proverbs 26 / Job 31 /Matthew 26

 

Psalm 119:92 Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.

Proverbs 26:2 The curse causeless shall not come.

Job 31:14 What then shall I do when God riseth up? and when he visiteth, what shall I answer him?

Matthew 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

 

Unless the Lord was my delight,

There was no refuge from the curse.

The prospect of my awful plight

Was dreadful and was growing worse.

 

Without the Lord, I would have perished

With fools who blindly choose to scorn. 

If I was not by Jesus cherished,

Far better, then, to not be born! 

 


No comments: