Friday, May 19, 2023

Fight of Faith

Read:  Psalm 140 / Proverbs 19 / Deuteronomy 3 / 1 John 5

 

 Psalm 140:7 ~ O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.

Proverbs 19:23 ~ The fear of the LORD tendeth to life... he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

Deuteronomy 3:22 ~ Ye shall not fear them: for the LORD your God he shall fight for you.

1 John 5:4 ~ Whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world... our faith.

 

My head is covered by the Lord

Who is the strength of my salvation. 

Advancing with the Spirit's sword,

The Gospel is my proclamation. 

 

Though Satan’s darts be at me hurled,

The Lord Himself shall fight for me. 

This faith still overcomes the world,

For Christ gives me the victory. 

 


No comments: