Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Earnest Eyes

Read:  Psalm 123 / Proverbs 2 / Numbers 22 / James 1

 

Psalm 123:1 ~ Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.

Proverbs 2:6 ~ For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Numbers 22:38 ~ Have I now any power at all to say anything? the word that God putteth in my mouth, that shall I speak.

James 1:17 ~ Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

 

I lift to God my earnest eyes

For knowledge and for understanding.

The Lord has heard my urgent cries,

And blessing comes by His commanding.  

 

My grateful praise to God I lift,

For He has satisfied my yearning.

From Him comes every perfect gift; 

There is no shadow of Him turning.   

 


No comments: