Sunday, May 21, 2023

Favor Found

Read:  Psalm 142 / Proverbs 21 / Deuteronomy 5 / 3 John 

 

Psalm 142:3-5 ~ When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path... refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.

Proverbs 21:2 ~ Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

Deuteronomy 5:28,29 ~ The LORD said unto me... O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children forever!

3 John 4,14 ~ I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth... I shall shortly see thee... face to face.

 

When I had pondered judgment’s wrath,

Before I sought and found the Savior,

The Lord who drew me knew my path,

To whom I cried for saving favor. 

 

It was His love that drew me near

To find in Him my hiding place.

Before Him, shortly, I'll appear,

And I will thank Him face to face. 

 


No comments: