Thursday, September 09, 2021

The War to Win

Read:  Psalm 129 / Proverbs 9 / 1 Samuel 16 / Mark 11

 

Psalm 129:2,4 Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth: yet they have not prevailed against me... The LORD is righteous: he hath cut asunder the cords of the wicked.

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

1 Samuel 16:7 The LORD said… Man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Mark 11:22 Jesus… saith unto them, Have faith in God.

 

I’ve seen the battles rage between

The Lord and forces that have failed.

Our Savior lives to intervene;

The gates of hell have not prevailed. 

 

When war is raging in my heart,

I know that faith in God shall win. 

The Lord beholds my inward part

Where He shall cleanse and conquer sin. 

 


No comments: