Saturday, September 18, 2021

Protection and Perfection

Read:  Psalm 138 / Proverbs 18 / 1 Samuel 25 / Luke 4

 

Psalm 138:7,8 Thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies… The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth forever. 

Proverbs 18:24 There is a Friend… closer than a brother.

1 Samuel 25:29 Thy soul… shall be bound in the bundle of life with the LORD thy God; and the souls of thine enemies, them shall he sling out, as out of the middle of a sling.

Luke 4:18-19 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me… to preach the gospel to the poor… to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives… the acceptable year of the Lord.

 

The hand of God is my protection

Against the foes who seek my harm. 

The Lord continues my perfection

As He upholds me with His arm. 

 

I have no better, closer friend;

He gave Himself to save my soul.

There was no more that He could spend;

My ransom has been paid in full!  

 


No comments: