Friday, September 03, 2021

Refuge and Restoration

Read:  Psalm 123 / Proverbs 3 / 1 Samuel 10 / Mark 5

 

Psalm 123:1,4 Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens… Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning… and with the contempt of the proud.

Proverbs 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

1 Samuel 10:9 And it was so… God gave him another heart.

Mark 5:15 See him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind.

 

Amid such contemptible hate,

Christ Jesus my Savior was killed.

His love, nonetheless, was so great,

With which He was wondrously filled. 

 

I lift up my eyes to my Savior,

So loving, so faithful, so kind!

My refuge is found in His favor,

Restoring my heart, soul, and mind. 

 


No comments: