Sunday, September 19, 2021

Life without Lament

Read:  Psalm 139 / Proverbs 19 / 1 Samuel 26 / Luke 5

 

Psalm 139:23,24 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Proverbs 19:20,23 Hear counsel…that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end… The fear of the LORD tendeth to life… he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

1 Samuel 26:24 So let my life be much set by in the eyes of the LORD, and let him deliver me out of all tribulation.

Luke 5:10,32 Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men… I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. 

 

We need the Lord to search our heart

And thus expose our wicked ways.

We need His grace to then depart

From every path that from Him strays. 

 

The fear of God shall make us wise

To live our life without lament,

To be well-pleasing in His eyes,

And call on sinners to repent.  

 


No comments: