Monday, September 20, 2021

Covered by Christ

Read:  Psalm 140 / Proverbs 20 / 1 Samuel 27 / Luke 6

 

Psalm 140:7 O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle. 

Proverbs 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

1 Samuel 27:1 David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul: there is nothing better for me than that I should speedily escape into the land of the Philistines.

Luke 6:3 Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him?

 

In battle, Christ has covered me

By His defense and His correction. 

But for His grace, I clearly see

I would have died without protection. 

 

If Jesus did not intervene,

I know my sin could not be hid,

And since by grace my heart is clean,

I trust in Christ like David did. 

 


No comments: