Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Great and Gracious

Read:  Psalm 142 / Proverbs 22 / 1 Samuel 29 / Luke 8 

 

Psalm 142:3-5 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path… No man cared for my soul. I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge.

Proverbs 22:3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

1 Samuel 29:5,11 Is not this David, of whom they sang one to another in dances, saying, Saul slew his thousands, and David his ten thousands?... So David… rose up… to return.

Luke 8:39 Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he… published…  throughout the whole city… great things Jesus had done.

 

When I was overwhelmed within,

The Savior understood my path.

He saw the burden of my sin,

And He delivered me from wrath.

 

The path that David had not planned

Was ordered by the Lord for good. 

How great and gracious is His hand

That saved me as no other could! 

 


No comments: