Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Rejected and Refused

Read:  Psalm 121 / Proverbs 1 / 1 Samuel 8 / Mark 3

 

Psalm 121:1,2 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

Proverbs 1:24-33 I have called, and ye refused… Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way… But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

1 Samuel 8:7 The LORD said unto Samuel… they have not rejected thee, but… me, that I should not reign over them.

Mark 3:8,10 A great multitude, when they had heard what great things he did, came unto him... for he had healed many.

 

I lift my eyes to Christ alone

Who made the heaven and the earth,

Who made His lovingkindness known,

And gave to me a second birth. 

 

Though by the fool Christ is rejected,

There is no other Hiding Place.

The wrath of God should be expected

By those who have refused His grace. 

 


No comments: