Sunday, September 26, 2021

Divine Division

Read:  Psalm 146 / Proverbs 26 / 2 Samuel 2 / Luke 12

 

Psalm 146:2,3 While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being. Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Proverbs 26:2 The curse causeless shall not come.

2 Samuel 2:4,6 They anointed David king… The LORD shew kindness and truth unto you… because ye have done this thing.

Luke 12:23 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division.

 

As long as God shall give me breath,

I’ll sing my praise to Jesus Christ

Who bore the curse of sin and death

When He for me was sacrificed. 

 

I’ll sing, despite the fool’s derision,

With grateful love to Christ my Savior

Whose grace has brought Divine division

Between His judgment and His favor. 

 


No comments: