Saturday, November 21, 2020

Sound of Solace

Read:  Psalm 28 / Proverbs 21 / Amos 9 / Matthew 6 

 

Psalm 28:1 O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.

Proverbs 21:30,31 There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD… safety is of the LORD.

Amos 9:10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

 

If God would cease to speak to me

(How dreadful is that contemplation),

The outlook of my life would be

A dark and fearful expectation.

 

O what a treasure I have found

As I explore God’s precious Word.

It is His voice!  No sweeter sound

Or greater solace can be heard. 

 

 

No comments: