Monday, November 23, 2020

Jonah portraying Jesus

Read:  Psalm 30 / Proverbs 23 / Jonah 1 / Matthew 8

 

Psalm 30:10-12 Hear, O LORD… be thou my helper…. To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent.

Proverbs 23:15-17 My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice… be thou in the fear of the LORD all… day long.

Jonah 1:15 So they took up Jonah, and cast him forth into the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging.

Matthew 8:27 But the men marveled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

 

The Lord who heard me when I cried

Has filled my heart with joy and song.

By grace and truth I’m justified!

I’ll praise my Savior all day long.

 

When Jonah fell beneath the waves,

We saw the raging waters cease,

Portraying Jesus Christ who saves,

Who bore God’s wrath to give me peace. 

 


No comments: