Friday, November 27, 2020

Magnify like Micah

Read:  Psalm 34 / Proverbs 27 / Micah 1 / Matthew 12


Psalm 34:3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Micah 1:1 The word of the LORD that came to Micah the Morasthite in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem.

Matthew 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

 

O magnify the Lord with me,

As we exalt Him to this end!

As iron sharpens iron, we

Should be encouraging a friend. 

 

As Micah prophesied God’s Word,

Christ was foreseen, whom we proclaim. 

Let us, like Micah, now be stirred

To magnify our Savior’s name!  

 


No comments: