Friday, November 20, 2020

Fearful Famine

Read:  Psalm 27 / Proverbs 20 / Amos 8 / Matthew 5

 

Psalm 27:1,11 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?... Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.

Proverbs 20:24 Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

Amos 8:11,12 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land… They shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

Matthew 5:16,18 Let your light so shine before men… for verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

 

Our Savior’s light has clearly shined;

His Word has made His pathway plain. 

Oh, what a comfort to the mind!

We do not seek His truth in vain! 

 

But famine is anticipated

With growing darkness all around,   

For when the light of God is hated,

The truth is sought, but never found. 

 


No comments: