Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Preserved by Prudence

Read:  Psalm 25 / Proverbs 18 / Amos 6 / Matthew 3

 

Psalm 25:21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.

Proverbs 18:15 The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.

Amos 6:3,13 Ye that put far away the evil day… rejoice in a thing of naught, which say, Have we not taken… by our own strength?

Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

 

Let truth preserve me as I seek

The knowledge of my Savior’s way.

Let prudence guide the words I speak

As God instructs me what to say. 

 

The fool delights in things of naught,

The very things God has abhorred.

The pleasure that my heart has sought

Is found in Jesus Christ my Lord. 

 


No comments: