Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Kindly Kept


"O LORD, Thou hast searched me, and known me If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall Thy hand lead me, and Thy right hand shall hold me… When I awake, I am still with Thee" (Psalm 139:1-18).  "The LORD pondereth the hearts... as for the upright, He directeth his way" (Proverbs 21:2,29).  "Now unto Him that is able to keep you… to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen" (Jude 24,25). 

The Lord has searched and known our heart;
There's nothing hidden from His eyes. 
As He reproves our inward part,
His perfect counsel makes us wise.   

How kindly does our Savior ponder
Our hearts He ever lives to keep!
He knows that we are prone to wander,
Yet He restores His wayward sheep. 

The Lord directs the path we take
And leads us in His righteous way.   
He's with us when we sleep and wake
And keeps our hearts throughout the day. 

O Lord, by You we're kindly kept;
We need no other confidence! 
Your watchful eye has never slept;
We rest assured in Your defense.  


No comments: