Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Lord of the Lowly


"Though the LORD be high, yet hath He respect unto the lowly: but the proud He knoweth afar off.  Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me: Thou shalt stretch forth Thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and Thy right hand shall save me.  The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me" (Psalm 138:6-8).  "Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?" (Proverbs 20:24).  "I have no greater joy than to hear that My children walk in truth" (3 John 4). 

The Lord is exalted and holy
Above all our minds comprehend,
And yet He is Lord of the lowly,
Our faithful, compassionate Friend. 

In trouble, our soul is restored;
In danger, we have His protection. 
We are the concern of our Lord,
The workmanship of His perfection. 

The Lord takes delight in His own,
Directing our way in His path. 
The proud, who are distantly known,
Are warned now to flee from His wrath. 

O Lord of the lowly You save,
Our God and our Guide from our youth,
You've freed us from lies that enslave,
To walk in the way of Your truth.  


No comments: