Sunday, December 25, 2016

Satisfied Soul (Merry Christmas!)


"As long as he [Uzziah] sought the LORD, God made him to prosper" (2 Chronicles 26:5).  "I stretch forth my hands unto Thee: my soul thirsteth after Thee, as a thirsty land… Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee" (Psalm 143:6,8).  "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country" (Proverbs 25:25).  "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven" (Revelation 4:1). 

Uzziah wisely sought the Lord,
And as he did, God gave him favor. 
The Lord extends the same reward
To all who thirst to know the Savior. 

Apart from Christ we would be cursed
And lost for all eternity. 
No wonder wise men sought with thirst
To worship Him so earnestly!

The thirsty soul is satisfied
With good news that the Lord has shown,   
For heaven's door is open wide
With grace extended from His throne! 

O Lord, Your love is wonderful
That draws our heart to seek Your face,
That satisfies our thirsty soul,
And rescues us with saving grace! 


No comments: