Saturday, December 24, 2016

Coming of Christ

"I cried unto the LORD with my voice… When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path... Refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.  I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my Refuge" (Psalm 142:3-5).  "He that pondereth the heart… keepeth thy soul… thy expectation shall not be cut off" (Proverbs 24:12,14).  "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me" (Revelation 3:20). 

I do recall a Christmas season
When I was overwhelmed in spirit. 
I sought for truth by means of reason,
But there was no one who would hear it. 

The year of nineteen seventy-three,
The twenty-eighth night of December,
Was when the truth had set me free
By finding Christ, I do remember!

The evidence I found was full 
In prophecies that Christ fulfilled.
He came to earth to save my soul;
The Lamb of God for me was killed! 

You are my Cause for celebration,  
O Lord, because You have come in
To be the Lord of my salvation
With grace that takes away my sin!  


No comments: