Monday, December 26, 2016

Praise the Perfection


"Jotham [יוֹתָם Jehovah is Perfect] became mighty, because he prepared his ways before the LORD his God" (2 Chronicles 27:6).  "Blessed be the LORD my Strength… my Goodness, and my Fortress; my High Tower, and my Deliverer; my Shield, and He in whom I trust… I will sing a new song unto Thee, O God… praises unto Thee" (Psalm 144:1,2,9).  "And they sung a new song, saying… Thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by Thy blood… Worthy is the Lamb that was slain!" (Revelation 5:9,12).

As Jotham rightly had declared,
Our perfect LORD deserves all praise,
And for this reason he prepared
Before the Lord his God his ways.   

His meditation was rewarded
In Psalms of praise He would have read
That David long before recorded
As he was by the Spirit led. 

The song of praise is still the same  
In heaven as in all the earth
Where those redeemed by Christ proclaim
Our great Redeemer's matchless worth.

Lord, thank You for Your Word's direction
Wherein we see You as the Lamb,
That we may sing of Your perfection
And praise You as the great I AM! 


No comments: