Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Choice to Change


“The LORD said… they have rejected Me, that I should not reign over them” (1 Samuel 8:7).  “I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto Thy testimonies.  I made haste, and delayed not to keep Thy commandments” (Psalm 119:59,60).  “By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil… The highway of the upright is to depart from evil” (Proverbs 16:6,17).   “Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God” (Romans 11:22). 

There is a personal election:
We must decide if Christ shall reign;
If not, we’re choosing His rejection.
The choices couldn’t be more plain. 

The Lord is King, though some arrange  
For someone else to rule their heart. 
Praise God!  We have the choice to change
And from such folly to depart. 

How well do I recall in youth
When I had thought upon my ways
And turned my feet to walk in truth,
Receiving Christ with grateful praise! 

I didn’t think it was a waste
To come to Christ in full surrender.
I ran, in fact, with joyful haste
To Him who is my soul’s Defender! 

With mercy and with truth Christ came
To purge away my wretched sin.
I called upon His holy name
And, as He promised, He came in! 

He leads me on His highway here,
Departing still from sin by choice,
Instructed by a godly fear
As in His Word, I hear His voice. 

Behold, therefore, the choice He gives
Of goodness or severity:    
By trusting Christ who ever lives,  
We thereby change our destiny! 

Lord, thank You for this saving favor
That changes all who gladly choose
To trust You as their Lord and Savior  
And find the life they cannot lose! 


No comments: