Saturday, July 19, 2014

Smoke Screen


“I am become like a bottle in the smoke; yet do I not forget Thy statutes… All Thy commandments are faithful” (Psalm 119: 83-86).  “There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand… An ungodly witness scorneth judgment… Judgments are prepared for scorners” (Proverbs 19:21,28,29).  “So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God” (Romans 14:12). 

Deception clouds the air like smoke,
Yet on the Word of God I’ll lean.
The Lord removes the liar’s cloak
And drives away his smoke-filled screen. 

The truth of God that men obscure
Is not negated by their lies. 
Despite their smoke, God’s Word is pure;
Which sinners scorn and fools despise. 

The counsel of the Lord shall stand, 
Though by the fool it is denied. 
The Lord will do all He has planned,
And judgment shall be satisfied. 

So every one shall give account
Of their own selves on judgment day. 
The scorn of men shall then amount
To smoke that wind shall drive away.

Lord, thank You for Your precious Word
So clear amid the smoke and strife. 
Though now my vision is obscured,
I’m trusting in Your words of life. 

Until the smoke screen, Lord, has cleared
And I behold You face to face,
My path shall by Your Word be cheered
As I declare Your Word of grace. 


No comments: