Wednesday, July 30, 2014

New Necessity


“My tongue shall speak of Thy Word… I have longed for Thy salvation, O LORD; and Thy law is my delight.” (Psalm 119:172,174).  “Every word of God is pure: He is a Shield unto them that put their trust in Him” (Proverbs 30:5).  “Necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the Gospel!... A dispensation of the Gospel is committed unto me” (1 Corinthians 9:16,17). 

Necessity is laid on me
That I had never known before. 
The truth I have which makes me free,
Has made me an ambassador! 

Before I knew of God’s salvation
My heart was plagued each day with dread
As I, with fearful contemplation,
Drew near eternity ahead.

Eternity can be explained
In terms of endless destinies,
And now, by grace, I am constrained
To preach the Gospel’s certainties! 

For  every word of God is pure,
And all who trust Him, He will shield.
His promise always shall endure
Which in His Gospel is revealed. 

So as a steward of God’s Word,
Shall I be silent?  No!  I must
Declare the Gospel that I heard! 
I have received a sacred trust! 

O Lord, Your law is my delight,
Which shows my sin, yet also grace! 
I see how You have fought my fight
To thus become my Hiding Place! 

Lord, here am I!  I hear Your call,
This new necessity You gave.   
Since You have tasted death for all,
I’ll plead with souls You long to save.  


No comments: