Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Departing from Division


“Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice… For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry” (1 Samuel 15:22,23).  “I hate vain thoughts (Heb. סֵעֵף ce`eph, DIVIDED in mind): but Thy law do I love.  Thou art my Hiding Place and my Shield: I hope in Thy Word.  Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God” (Psalm 119:113-115).  “My son, give Me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe My ways” (Proverbs 23:26).  “We have the mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:16). 

It’s time to make a clear decision;
Indeed, it’s high time to begin 
Departing from my mind’s division
Inclined to compromise with sin. 

God sees this awful tendency
And calls it like it is today: 
Like witchcraft and idolatry
Is sin departing from His way. 

No wonder I am called to hate
The evil that invades my heart
And rather love God’s Word so great
That I may thus from sin depart!

How wondrous is the invitation
To give my heart to God alone
In undivided consecration
As He thus makes His glory known!  

I see the beauty of my Lord,
Unveiled in the mind of Christ! 
The ways of God are thus explored
As I behold Him sacrificed.

Lord, draw me nearer to Your cross
To see Your ways of truth and grace
Whereby You purged my sins as dross
And You became my Hiding Place.

I’ve come, O Lord, to this conclusion
As I explore Your love I find: 
A heart divided is CONFUSION; 
O may I not be so inclined!

O Lord, You are my soul’s Defender! 
Create in me a heart united
To worship You in full surrender,
Departing from a heart divided. 


No comments: