Saturday, July 12, 2014

Delivered from Dust


“My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken Thou me according to Thy Word…  I will run the way of Thy commandments, when Thou shalt enlarge my heart” (Psalm 119:25,32).  “O wretched man that I am!  Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 7:24,25). 

My soul is cleaving to the dust,
The things that soon must pass away,  
The things in which I dare not trust,
The health and wealth that shall decay. 

I’d rather cleave to God my Savior
And run the way of His commands
As I display in my behavior
A heart enlarged that understands.

O wretched man that dwells within
Enlarged against my Lord’s dominion! 
It is your nature still to sin
And vainly trust your own opinion! 

I’ll thank my God as I have breath  
That He delivers me by grace
So that the body of this death
Shall give to God His rightful place. 

O Lord, You have delivered me
From dust and things so void of worth
To fix my heart eternally
On things above this fleeting earth. 

To You, O Lord, my spirit clings
And finds the grace that You bestow
To be delivered from the things
That shackle me to dust below.  


No comments: