Sunday, April 08, 2012

Looking for Life?


"Whoso findeth Me, findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the Lord” (Proverbs 8:35).  “I have come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly…. I lay down My life for the sheep…. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again…. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me:  and I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand” (John 10:10-28).

Who would be looking for life in the grave?
Is not this the gateway to hopeless despair?
Praise God!  There is One who is ready to save!
We look in His tomb, and behold, He’s not there!

We look not for life in religion today
With empty traditions which cannot give life.
Its corpse has already begun to decay
With odors of vanity, weakness, and strife.

Our Lord laid His life down and took it again.
Since death could not hold Him, He conquered its power!
All heaven rejoiced with a crowning “Amen!”
The head of the serpent was bruised in that hour!

Now look to the Lord Who is risen with favor:
He stands at the door, and He knocks to come in.
Cast off all that hinders!  Now come to the Savior,
And you will find life and salvation from sin!

O Lord, we give thanks!  You are all that we need:
You finished the work that has saved us forever!
Our life is in You!  You are risen indeed!
We’re held in Your hand from which no one can sever!

No comments: