Sunday, April 01, 2012

Finding His Filling


“Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud” (Psalm 123:4).  “How long, ye simple ones, will… the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?  Turn you at My reproof:  behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you:  I will make known My words unto you” (Proverbs 1:23).  “He must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:30). 

There is a filling we disdain,  
Infecting us like a disease;
It is contemptuous and vain:
It is the scorn of those at ease.

This filling shouldn’t be allowed;
It only turns our hearts away
When we’re frustrated with the proud
For whom, in fact, we ought to pray!

We hear our Savior’s strong reproof
To those who’s scorning does not cease.
To all His words they stand aloof,
And thus reject His perfect peace.

Yet now we hear our gracious Lord
Extend the offer of His Spirit:
To all who turn, He will be poured
To show His Word, if they will hear it.

O Lord, enlarge in us Your throne,
And mold in us a heart that’s willing!
Decrease the rule that is our own,
And thus increase Your Spirit’s filling.

No comments: