Monday, April 16, 2012

Our Kind of King

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world…. Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth My voice.  Pilate saith unto him, What is truth?” (John 18:36-38).

What kind of King would abandon His throne
Forsaking the crown He had worn,
Taking instead of that splendor once known
A cross and a crown made of thorn?

What kind of King would consider the cost
To purchase for us our salvation,
Laying His life down to ransom the lost
To save us from our condemnation?

What kind of King would be born to this end:
To rescue our souls gone astray,
Living and dying that He might extend
Redemption for which He would pay?

That kind of King, Lord, is only in You;
We know that for this cause You came!
Thank You for proving Yourself to be true
So that we may trust in Your name!

No comments: