Friday, September 10, 2010

Trusting in Trouble

"In the day of my trouble I will call upon Thee: for Thou wilt answer me.... There is none like unto Thee, O Lord.... Teach me Thy way, O Lord; I will walk in Thy truth: unite my heart to fear Thy name" (Psalm 86:7-11).

In the day of my trouble I'll call upon You,
O Lord, for I know You are there,
And no one is like You, so faithful and true,
On whom I may cast all my care.

In the day of my trouble, Lord, teach me Your way,
Uniting my heart in Your fear.
Kept in Your love, Lord, from going astray,
I know You will dry every tear.

In the day of my trouble, when tears blur my eyes,
Lord, draw me then near to Your side.
Removing distractions amounting to lies,
Remind me again why You died.

In the day of my trouble, O Lord, I have found
A refuge when my heart is broken.
What plenteous mercies and healing abound
As tenderly, Lord, You have spoken!

No comments: