Saturday, December 17, 2022

Purified by Pondering

Read:  Psalm 101 / Proverbs 17 / Micah 4 / Revelation 5

 

Psalm 101:1,3 ~ I will sing of mercy and judgment… I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

Proverbs 17:3 ~ The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the LORD trieth the hearts.

Micah 4:5 ~ People will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever.

Revelation 5:9 ~ And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy… for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred… tongue… people, and nation.

 

I sing of mercy that was brought 

When Jesus gave Himself for me.

This is the purifying thought

That tries my heart and makes me free. 

 

My heart is thereby purified

As I am pondering salvation,

While I recall that Jesus died

To rescue me from condemnation. 

 


No comments: