Friday, December 02, 2022

Proving what we Preach

Read:  Psalm 86 / Proverbs 2 / Amos 3 / 2Peter 1

 

Psalm 86:11,12 ~ Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart… forevermore.

Proverbs 2:5,20 ~ Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God… That thou mayest walk in the way of good men… the paths of the righteous.

Amos 3:3,8 ~ Can two walk together, except they be agreed?... The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord GOD hath spoken, who can but prophesy?

2 Peter 1:16,19 ~ We… were eyewitnesses of His majesty… We have also a more sure word of prophecy… ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts.

 

The truth of God that we proclaim,

Which prophets perfectly foretold,

Unites our heart to fear His name,

To preach His Gospel, and be bold.

 

It’s such a blessing to agree

And walk with God with confidence,

To know His truth that makes us free,

And prove it with His strong defense! 

 


No comments: