Friday, September 09, 2022

Appointed for the Anointed

Read:  Psalm 2 / Proverbs 9 / Lam. 1 /1 Cor. 11

 

Psalm 2:1,2 ~ Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?... against the LORD, and against His Anointed.

Proverbs 9:5 ~ Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.

Lamentations 1:12 ~ Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto my sorrow, which is done unto me, wherewith the LORD hath afflicted me in the day of his fierce anger.

1 Corinthians 11:26 ~ For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

 

Why would the foolish nations rage

Against the Lord and His Anointed

As written on the Scripture’s page

Foretelling that which was appointed?

 

It was for love!  Christ died for all! 

We ponder Him with bread and wine.

The Man of Sorrows we recall

Appoints us now to come and dine. 

 


No comments: