Monday, March 14, 2022

Ready Reason

Read:  Psalm 144 / Proverbs 14 / Job 2 / 1 Peter 3

 

Psalm 144:1,11 ~ Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight… Rid me, and deliver me from the… children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood:

Proverbs 14:25 ~ A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.

Job 2:10 ~ In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

1 Peter 3:15 ~ But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.

 

The Lord has taught us how to fight

Against this world’s insanity.

He gives us counsel with His light

Exposing lies and vanity. 

 

As Job sinned not when he replied

Regarding trials in their season,

So let our hearts be sanctified 

To answer with a ready reason. 

 


No comments: