Tuesday, March 01, 2022

Joy in Jerusalem

Read:  Psalm 131 / Proverbs 01 / Nehemiah 12 / Hebrews 8

 

Psalm 131:1 ~ LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.

Proverbs 1:29,33 ~ For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD… But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Nehemiah 12:43 ~ God had made them rejoice with great joy… so that the joy of Jerusalem was heard even afar off.

Hebrews 8:10 ~ I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people.

 

The Lord has made His counsel clear;

He shows us things we did not know,

Imparting joy and holy fear

As living waters overflow. 

 

The Lord has filled our hearts with joy:

Jerusalem has seen Him rise! 

The enemy cannot destroy

The soul redeemed that never dies. 

 


No comments: