Saturday, February 05, 2022

To Please and To Praise

Read:  Psalm 119:73-80 / Proverbs 5 / 2 Chronicles 34 / 2 Thes. 1

 

Psalm 119:73,80 ~ Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments… Let my heart be sound in thy statutes; that I be not ashamed.

Proverbs 5:21 ~ For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings.

2 Chronicles 34:1,2 ~ Josiah…  did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the ways of David his father, and declined neither to the right hand, nor to the left.

2 Thessalonians 1:12 ~ That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

 

I have been fashioned by God’s hands;

I am a student in His school. 

Unless I heed my Lord’s commands, 

I’ll give my years unto the cruel.

 

Josiah did that which was right

To please and also praise the Lord. 

This is the dual goal sight,

My highest calling, and reward. 



No comments: