Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Scorners vs. Scriptures

Read:  Psalm 119:41-48 / Proverbs 1 / 2 Chronicles 30 / 1 Thes. 2

 

Psalm 119:43 ~ And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.

Proverbs 1:23 ~ Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

2 Chronicles 30:10 ~ So the posts passed from city to city… but they laughed them to scorn, and mocked them.

1 Thessalonians 2:4 ~ But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.

 

The Word of truth our Savior gave

Is in the Gospel we proclaim

As we declare that Christ will save

The lost who call upon His name. 

 

The scorners mock among the proud,

Just as the Scriptures said they would,

Yet we, by God, have been allowed

To preach the Gospel as we should.  

 


No comments: