Monday, February 07, 2022

Certainty of Cyrus

Read:  Psalm 119:89-96 / Proverbs 7 / 2 Chronicles 36 / 2 Thes. 3

 

Psalm 119:92 ~ Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.

Proverbs 7:2 ~ Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.

2 Chronicles 36:22 ~ That the word of the LORD spoken by the mouth of Jeremiah might be accomplished, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia (See Isaiah 44:28-45:3).

2 Thessalonians 3:3,5 ~ The Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil… And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

 

The certainty of my conviction

Is in God’s Word that I have cherished.

Without His comfort in affliction,

I know I surely would have perished.

 

God’s Word is proven in the earth,

As when king Cyrus had been named

A century before his birth!

So let Christ’s coming be proclaimed. 

 


No comments: