Friday, February 04, 2022

Correction and Conviction

Read:  Psalm 119:65-72 / Proverbs 4 / 2 Chronicles 33 / 1 Thes. 5

 

Psalm 119:71 ~ It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. 

Proverbs 4:11 ~ I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.

2 Chronicles 33:12-13 ~ When he was in affliction, he besought the LORD… Then Manasseh knew that the LORD he was God.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 ~ The very God of peace sanctify you wholly… I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

 

It’s good that I have been afflicted

By Christ’s correction with His rod

That I may thereby be convicted

And reconciled thus to God.

 

The Lord corrects me graciously,

He draws me with His cords of love,

He sanctifies and shields me,

And intercedes for me above. 

 


No comments: