Thursday, November 18, 2021

Ransom Refused

Read:  Psalm 49 / Proverbs 18 / 2 Kings 9 / Acts 20

 

Psalm 49:15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

2 Kings 9:32 And he [Jehu; Jehovah is] lifted up his face to the window, and said, Who is on my side? Who?

Acts 20:27,29 I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God… I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 

 

The Lord redeemed us from the power

And horror of a hopeless grave. 

Christ Jesus is our mighty Tower;

There is no other who can save.

 

He paid the price to ransom all,

Yet some refuse to hear His voice. 

To every soul He sends His call,

Yet Christ is still received by choice.  

 


No comments: