Sunday, November 28, 2021

Died to Defend

Read:  Psalm 59 / Proverbs 28 / 2 Kings 19 / Romans 2

 

Psalm 59:17 Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defense, and the God of my mercy.

Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

2 Kings 19:34 For I will defend this city, to save it, for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

 

The Lord my Strength is my Defense,

The God from whom my mercy came.

There is no other confidence

Or refuge that my soul can claim. 

 

My Savior died to thus defend

My soul when He was sacrificed. 

How hopeless, therefore, is the end

Of those despising Jesus Christ! 

 


No comments: