Thursday, November 11, 2021

Guardian and Guide

Read:  Psalm 42 / Proverbs 11 / 2 Kings 2 / Acts 13

 

Psalm 42:5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

Proverbs 11:3 The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.

2 Kings 2:9 Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.

Acts 13:45,52 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy… And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.

 

Why should I ever be distressed?

My Savior lives who for me died. 

He is my Refuge and my Rest. 

He is my Guardian and Guide. 

 

May God increase His rule in me,

Enlarging grace He will employ.

His Spirit gives me liberty

And fills me with abundant joy. 

 


No comments: