Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Prepared to Preach

Read:  Psalm 40 / Proverbs 9 / 1 Kings 22 / Acts 11

 

Psalm 40:1-3 The LORD… inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth.

Proverbs 9:10,12 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding… If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.

1 Kings 22:14 And Micaiah said, As the LORD liveth, what the LORD saith unto me, that will I speak.

Acts 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us… what was I, that I could withstand God?

 

The Lord responded to my cry

And brought me from a pit of mire. 

Up to the rock I’m lifted high

With songs He only could inspire.

 

I am prepared by God’s command

To speak the truth that fools have scorned,

For woe is me if I withstand

His call to preach to those He’s warned. 

 

 

No comments: