Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Ascending Answer

Read:  Psalm 61 / Proverbs 30 / 2 Kings 21 / Romans 4

 

Psalm 61:2 I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name… if thou canst tell?

2 Kings 21:20,26 And he [Amon] did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, as his father Manasseh did… and Josiah his son reigned in his stead.

Romans 4:17 I have made thee a father of many nations, before him whom he believed… God who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were… according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

 

I cry to God to lead me higher,

Ascending upward to His rock.

My Savior answers my desire

As from His Word, I hear Him talk. 

 

He lifts my heart to heights above

To see His purpose and rejoice.

I hear my Savior’s words of love,

Like Abraham who heard His voice. 

 


No comments: