Friday, November 26, 2021

Heard and Healed

Read:  Psalm 57 / Proverbs 26 / 2 Kings 17 / Acts 28

 

Psalm 57:6 They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down: they have digged a pit before me, into the midst whereof they are fallen themselves. Selah.

Proverbs 26:27 Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.

2 Kings 17:12,14 They served idols, whereof the LORD had said unto them, Ye shall not do this thing… Notwithstanding they would not hear, but hardened their necks, like to the neck of their fathers, that did not believe in the LORD their God.

Acts 28:26,27 Go unto this people, and say… Their eyes have they closed; lest they should see… and hear… and understand with their heart, and… be converted, and I should heal them.

 

The net prepared where I might stumble

And pit arranged where I might fall

Were seen by God who saves the humble

And rescues those who on Him call.

 

The Lord exposed the dark seduction

Of idols which had been concealed.

I heard the truth of God’s instruction, 

I trusted Christ, and I was healed! 

 

 

No comments: