Saturday, November 20, 2021

Cleansed by Christ

Read:  Psalm 51 / Proverbs 20 / 2 Kings 11 / Acts 22 

 

Psalm 51:7,13 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow… Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted.

Proverbs 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

2 Kings 11:13,14 Athaliah… when she looked… the king stood by a pillar… and all the people of the land rejoiced… and Athaliah rent her clothes, and cried, Treason, Treason.

Acts 22:21,22 And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles… And they… lifted up their voices, and said, Away with such a fellow from the earth.

 

As hyssop’s cleansing by the lamb,

The blood of Christ shall make me clean,

Though God examines all I am

And my most inward part has seen.

 

So let the world call it treason

When from its folly I depart,

Yet if they ask me for a reason,

I’ll show them Christ who cleansed my heart. 

 


No comments: