Thursday, July 01, 2021

Words, Works, and Will

Read:  Psalm 80 / Proverbs 1 / Deut. 29 / 2 Peter 2

 

Psalm 80:1,19 O Shepherd of Israel…Turn us again, O LORD God of hosts, cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.

Proverbs 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God… things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

2 Peter 2:5 And [God] spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly. 

 

How good our Shepherd is who came

And caused His face to shine on us! 

He died to bear our sin and shame

And rose from death victorious. 

 

God’s words and works are on display,

Yet never has He forced our will. 

Just as it was in Noah’s day,

The truth may be rejected still.  

 


No comments: